The capital of the Rhone-Alps region and France’s second city, Lyon is at the confluence of two great rivers-the Saône and the Rhône. Since Gallo Roman times, Lyon has been a major trading center and its long history is everywhere to be discovered from the top of Fourviere hills to the heart of the old historic center where Renaissance mansions line the streets. Lyon is reached by high-speed train in only 2 hours from the center of Paris and is in proximity to the Beaujolais wine region and the lakes and mountains of the Alps.
Not to be Missed: Gallo-Roman ruins; Fourviere Basilica; a historic center classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site; silk-weavers workshop; boat trips along the Rhône and the Saône; vineyards of nearby Beaujolais and Côte du Rhône; designer boutiques; major museums and world famous gastronomy.
- 3 nights in 3 or 4 star city center hotel
- Breakfast daily
- One dinner in a typical Lyon Bistro
- A guided tour of Lyon historic center
- A Lyon city card giving access to 19 museums
- Round trip TGV train tickets
* These rates are subject to availability and currency
For these and other specialized tours call us at 866-313-2856 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org